Thursday, February 24, 2011

Popcorn Popping

 We have been working on 5 senses.  It's my very favorite week of the year!  That and superhero week!  I thought I would share this first, because you could use it with P week or with 5 senses. 
Popcorn is great to use during 5 senses week because you can use all 5 senses to experience popcorn.  I brought an air popper into the class and had the kids help me make the popcorn.  You can hear it bouncing around in the popper, you can smell it, you can see it, you can touch it and the best part - you can taste it!

We used plain popcorn to apply to our "apricot" tree's.  I got the template off of Scholastic. You need to have a membership to print from that sight, but it's totally worth getting one if you teach or home school.
We use our painter's pallet to put a little white glue in.  Then we give the kids a q-tip to spread the glue.  We do this weekly in preschool and the kids love it.

No comments: