Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lookie What We Made

Remember these? Tuesday morning, I spent my day helping make 40 of these beauties! Mandee and I are the Co-Vice Presidents on the PTO at our school. My friend Shelley wanted to make make these and practice on a few other cookies, so we figured, if were making a few, we may as well make 40!! So we had 4 of us working on these and it took us 2 and 1/2 hours, minus the baking time. Shelley cooked them the night before.
We used a egg to cut out the cookie shape and it was a bit smaller than the one on Bake It at 350. So we didn't have enough room to write popcorn on them. But they turned out way cute anyway.
I had never made royal icing, used meringue powder or floated icing. It was a whole new experience, but very fun! I think we will be dabbling in cookie decorating a bit more. Shelley and I are going to make darling graduation hats for our preschool kids at school. I'll post pictures of those when we get to that. In all our free time, ya know :).

Then the 4 of us met at the school this morning and handed these out to all the teachers and staff. Everyone loved them! Super cute idea. Thanks for Bake It at 350 for the idea!

2 comments:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

You guys did a great job!!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Yay!!! They look so great! I know the teachers loved them!