Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cute Apron

Isn't this darling? I am so in love with it. I am more excited about this apron that I was the skirt. Oh my!!! I kept getting up in the night to just sit and stare at it. I am amazed that it turned out so well. The pattern say's it's easy. Which I guess it may be if you've sewed a little bit, but for being the second thing I made, it was a tad bit hard. I pinned things wrong and had to completely unstitch the ruffle, it took me about 4 hours to finish it start to finish. And agian, it's not perfect.

The saddest thing was that my little girl who I made it for, won't wear it. But it's for about a 6 year old, so we have a few years for her to change her mind :). I put it on my 5-year-old little boy and he wouldn't let me take a picture of him. He said if I made one in boy colors he'd wear it. I'm tempted to make one and put on a blue ruffle!!!

Anyway, if you want to give it a try, you can get the pattern from Skip To My Lou. I found the pattern on a link party on The Creative Itch, which is also a great blog. Misty is awesome and she does so many fun projects! You should go check out her blog too!

2 comments:

Joyelle said...

love it!!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Oh my...I'd love one of those in my size!! Too cute!!