Friday, July 24, 2009

Yellowstone National Park

Hello! I am back! I have been out of town away from blogging world at my family reunion in Yellowstone. It was such a great time and it was great to see a lot of family members that I don't ever get to really see. How often can you walk away from a family reunion and feel so blessed to have the family you do.
We had so much fun in Yellowstone national Park. We actually rented a lodge in Island Park Idaho and I must say it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We spent a day in the actual park and saw a bald eagle, cool unique bugs, buffalo, moose, elk, deer, wolves, and to end off the nearly perfect day....we saw a bear! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to see a bear. That was my quest....that was my mission....that was my one desire.. and it happened.
My kids did so good on the long ride there and back. They just played their DVDS and DS'. We sang, we talked, and we slept(ok, I slept).
The second day we were there we took an awesome river floating trip down the river in Island Park. Oh my goodness, was that fun! It was actually a crazy kind of fun. We had twins that were one year old, a two year old, and two three year olds, a 11 year old, and a 7 year old. It was AWESOME. Those little ones were amazing and great sports.
Usually after a vacation people say they are glad to be home. I was not ready to come home. It was such a great weekend with great family members. I am so blessed to have them as my relatives.
I strongly reccomend Yellowstone as a family vacation. We live in the desert so it was great for my kids to see other landscapes and meet different types of people. It was awesome and can't wait to go back!!!

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow, you were just about in my back yard! I was in Yellowstone a week ago with a high school friend. I love it up there.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. It is beautiful.