Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

Ok, so Friday night we celebrated another birthday and took a girls night out to another movie. We went and saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and we give it two thumbs up. This was such a funny movie that I dare say it wasn't a "Chic Flick" at all. I am madly in love with Hottie Matthew so I thought it would be a movie just for "Chics" but there was enough humor to make it great for the hubbies too. At first I had a hard time focusing on the movie instead of his beauty but he turns into a jerk of a character and I noticed that when that happened, I lost interest in him. But when he starts being nice, his charm came back. I found that to be very interesting and true to life. When people are mean and nasty, we don't really want to be with them but once they are willing to change, so do our feelings.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past follows the story line of The Christmas Carol and the main character, Conner, is played by Matthew is a famous photographer for a popular magazine and is known for being a player with the ladies. He takes a break from his player lifestyle to go to his baby brother's wedding. It is there that he runs into Jenny (Jennifer Garner) the only girl who ever captured his heart.They have been friends since they were very young. Conners parents were killed when he was young and her and his brother were the ones that stuck with Conner. After Connor delivers a speech at the wedding rehearsal dinner , he's met in the bathroom by the ghost of his Uncle Wayne (Michael Dogulas), a player amongst the ladies as well who in fact led a poor example taught Conner everything he knows about picking up chicks. Uncle Wayne informs Connor that, over the course of the evening, he'll be visited by three ghosts who will lead him through his romantic past, present, and future.

Through Connors adventure he comes to see himself in a different light. As he is visited by these ghosts, you are taken through a musical memory lane and I found myself wanting to stand up and dance to the sound of 80's music. At some points it got a little ronchy but overall it was a great movie and we all left laughing. I strongly reccomend this movie if you need a little laugh.

1 comment:

Letti said...

Thanks for the review I was waiting to hear if this movie was any good before I paid to see it. Now I will have to go maybe even today.