Wednesday, April 29, 2009

World Wide Ward Cookbook & I Can't Believe It's Not Food Storage Book Review

I love Crystal's sight, Everday Food Storage. I have visited it a lot in the last year. Well, Crystal came out with a book, I Can't Believe It's Not Food Storage. I knew this was one of those books that I had to have! My sweet hubby bought it for me for my birthday! It's like having access to the website, but in book form. She walks you through step by step on how to build up your 3 month supply and then move onto your 1 year supply. She also has places where you can write in your amounts to fit your family, so it's all kept right there in the book. I love her recipes and am way excited to be able to try them out. Gotta get off my diet first. I made chocolate pancakes for my kids on Saturday and I used my powdered eggs. Such a proud moment!!

For my birthday, I bought myself the Worldwide Ward Cookbook. First of all, it's the prettiest cookbook ever. I don't know if I will actually be able to use it in my kitchen because I would be afraid to spill something on it. It is full of great recipes. I love the beautiful pictures and I love how she has included the stories to some of the recipes. I actually teared up a time or two as I read the touching stories. And it's such a small world. I saw atleast a dozen recipes that we make on a regular basis. I have a fabulous peanut butter popcorn recipe that I make up and to my suprise it was in the book! I have never found anyone outside my own family who had ever had this. Maybe I need to get out more.
If your interested it looks like they are going to make a Worldwide Ward Cookbook 2!! If you would like to submit a recipe, click here for all the details!
Both are great books and I am so excited to use them. I'm making a bean dip recipe out of the Ward cookbook tomorrow for a family party. I'll post it later this week!

2 comments:

Lib-Dawg said...

I'm glad you posted a review on the Wardwide Cookbook - ever since conference I have been curious. I think you just made a sale. As soon as I have a constant flow of income I will buy it! Can't wait! Thanks!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I've been drooling over that book too.............I might have to break down and purchase it!

Very cute blog.