Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Super Yummy Dinner

Easy Sweet Carrots
Honey Chicken (from Simplify Supper)
*I know the picture of the chicken isn't very good but the lighting in my dining room is terrible. I promise it is so much better than what it looks! The carrots are like carrot candy, seriously, I have never seen my kids devour carrots so fast.

3 C baby carrots
1 T butter
1/4 C brown sugar
Cook carrots in boiling water about 15 minutes or until very soft. Drain into colander. Add butter and brown sugar to pan and cook over low until melted and well combined. Return carrots to pan and stir until carrots are well coated.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C butter
1 C honey
1/4 dijon mustard
2 T curry powder
Line chicken breasts in casserole dish. Melt remaining ingredients in saucepan. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Lib-Dawg said...

That honey chicken sounds so good!!! I need to make it.