Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken

This is one of those food items that is hard to get a good picture of, but it is one of my very favorite meals. I love crock pots!!



Sour Cream and Salsa Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast-cut in half

1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 c. salsa
¼ cup sour cream
Shredded cheddar cheese

Spray crock pot with Pam, add chicken, sprinkle with taco seasoning and top with salsa. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 1 ½ hours to 2 ½ hours. Add sour cream and sprinkle with cheese. Stir until mixed and shred chicken with a fork. Serve with tortillas & Spanish rice. Also awesome on taco salad or quesadillas.

My very favorite way to eat it is to put inside a flour tortilla with tons of fresh spinach and just a touch of ranch dressing. However, I leave out the sour cream when I plan to do this.

We also eat these as a chicken breast. We just leave the sour cream out. So yummy!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

This sounds yummy. I was just thinking that I want more Crock Pot recipes!
Thanks!

Lillian J. Banks said...

I can't wait to ty it! Thanks for sharing :)

Kellie said...

I will be trying this one soon. Thanks.

J-Mom said...

That sounds delish!

mylittlegems said...

we have been making this for years- I love it ;) It freezes well too!