Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meatloaf just ain't pretty


But it sure is TASTY! I took this picture months ago, but didn't post it because, it's just not pretty. I don't think you could take a good meatloaf picture, but if you do, let me know because I want to see it!!!


I got this recipe from a ward cook book years ago and it is our very favorite meatloaf recipe. I make one with sauce and 1 without for the kiddo's. This is a very rare treat for me and me picky children don't get excited about it, but me and the hubby like it. So does my father-in-law, it's one of his favorites that I make! I have substitute the turkey burger with sausage and ground beef. Whatever your preference.


Meatloaf:
1 lb. turkey burger
1 lb. hamburger
1 egg
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 box stuffing
salt and pepper to taste

Sauce: 1 tbsp. mustard, 1/3 cup ketchup, 2 tbsp. brown sugar

Stir together sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients together until it stands by itself. Divide into 2 loaf pans. Cover with sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. *This recipe is great because you can make one and freeze one for later.*

No comments: