Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No Bake Cookies

These are seriously the easiest cookies to make. They are what I make when my kids want homemade cookies and time is short. They love them and they are great cookies to let them help with. Although, the mixture is hot when you put it on the wax paper, so make sure they are supervised. I like to eat them while they are still warm. Perfect cookies to cure chocolate cravings and great with a glass of milk.

1 cube margarine
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 c cocoa
1/2 c peanut butter
3 1/2 c oatmeal

Melt butter in pan. Mix in sugar, milk and cocoa. Bring to boil and boil for one minute. take off burner and stir in peanut butter and oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

my favorite part of the cookie is just after you add the peanut butter to the cocoa mix (but not the oats yet) in the pan...I have burned my tongue so many times, but it is so worth it ;) Yummy cookies!!!

Kris said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new background. And I love these cookies. I will have to try your recipe, cuz the one I have just doesn't work out right. Maybe I will do that this afternoon!!!!

Lillian J. Banks said...

mmmm- my sister used to make these when I was younger. I'd forgotten about them- thanks for the reminder :)

Kris said...

I started to make these and found out I was out of Cocoa. I substituted 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips and decreased the butter to 5 tablespoons. This worked well, though they were a little more crumbly than normal.